Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Front Axle Play
#1

The front axle on one of my Sideways cars has excessive front/rear play. I'm thinking the way to solve it is to run the axle within a brass tube which can then be held in position by the grub screws on the uproghts.

I am reading that 1/8" tubing is probably what I need (I have a standard 3/32" axle) but I am not seeing details of the inside diameters of the tubing. Is 1/8th" the OD I need to go for?

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Front Axle Play - by BAracer - 11th-Apr-23, 08:08 PM
RE: Front Axle Play - by mickey thumbs - 11th-Apr-23, 09:29 PM
RE: Front Axle Play - by chrisguyw - 11th-Apr-23, 09:57 PM
RE: Front Axle Play - by Kevan - 11th-Apr-23, 10:26 PM
RE: Front Axle Play - by BAracer - 12th-Apr-23, 07:13 AM
RE: Front Axle Play - by CMOTD - 12th-Apr-23, 10:07 AM
RE: Front Axle Play - by chrisguyw - 12th-Apr-23, 03:40 PM
RE: Front Axle Play - by BAracer - 12th-Apr-23, 09:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Mr Modifier
2nd-May-20, 12:26 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)