7th-Mar-23, 11:39 PM
Any Ender will be plenty large for 1/32 and 1/24 slot car chassis and bodies. It's the low end resin printers that tend to be small for that stuff. Low end (other than crappy toys) FFF (filament) printers tend to be at least big enough for those things.
When I was in the market back in late 2017, I was also told to get a Prusa. Fortunately, I had gotten a bonus at work, and was able to cover that cost. If I hadn't, I might have gone down the Creality route, and there's no telling if I would have stuck with it or not. Even with the Prusa, there's a bit of learning to be done before you can hit print and be reasonably confident in the end result. That aside, once I got past that learning curve, it's been a blast ever since, and getting into the modeling side has been really rewarding. I still recommend Prusa printers, in spite of the plethora of much cheaper printers that claim to have the same set of features.
The new hotness is the Bambu Labs printers. They're in the same price range as Prusa, but with some important differences, such as being considerably faster, and doing it's own calibration of things. That said, it's a closed system, and repair and maintenance is something worth considering. Open source machines like Prusa (and Creality, et al) are generally cheaper to repair, and easier to some degree, depending on what needs repairing.
What I have yet to see is a true "newbie" impression of the Bambu Labs machine(s). Everything I've seen to date has been someone already familiar with FFF printing, so they know what to watch out for and correct before things go horribly wrong.
When I was in the market back in late 2017, I was also told to get a Prusa. Fortunately, I had gotten a bonus at work, and was able to cover that cost. If I hadn't, I might have gone down the Creality route, and there's no telling if I would have stuck with it or not. Even with the Prusa, there's a bit of learning to be done before you can hit print and be reasonably confident in the end result. That aside, once I got past that learning curve, it's been a blast ever since, and getting into the modeling side has been really rewarding. I still recommend Prusa printers, in spite of the plethora of much cheaper printers that claim to have the same set of features.
The new hotness is the Bambu Labs printers. They're in the same price range as Prusa, but with some important differences, such as being considerably faster, and doing it's own calibration of things. That said, it's a closed system, and repair and maintenance is something worth considering. Open source machines like Prusa (and Creality, et al) are generally cheaper to repair, and easier to some degree, depending on what needs repairing.
What I have yet to see is a true "newbie" impression of the Bambu Labs machine(s). Everything I've seen to date has been someone already familiar with FFF printing, so they know what to watch out for and correct before things go horribly wrong.
printables.com/@MrFlippant

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)