7th-Mar-23, 02:40 PM
First off I wouldn't consider buying a 3D printer until I knew a lot more about them, what the process is, watch a lot of youtube, read a lot of interweb reviews and lessons, download a slicer and 3D software, have a go without the printer...then decide.
It's not just a tool to do the job you need, it's a lot to learn, a lot to know how to not get it wrong, a lot to learn how to get what you want.
Advice is one thing but you already need to be on that path towards being a '3D maker'
I spent a few months digesting and learning and trying 3D CADware before deciding on a printer.
Everywhere I looked people said 'get a Prusa' but I went with the crowd and got an Ender3 just before lockdown #1 and opened the box whilst on furlough...the rabbit holes followed
I'd already done a lot of CAD in the past and just as I suspected this 3D printing malarkey was addictive...now I had two full time hobbies
I sold the Ender and got a bigger Qidi then my first resin printer.
After a year I realised the Qidi wasn't the 'tool' I wanted, it would print but needed babying like the Ender so I bit the bullet and got a Prusa and everything changed, 3D printing was meant to be much easier and the Prusa made it so.
I realised after getting the Prusa that I'd wasted the best part of £1000 and should have listened to the advice two years earlier.
It's not just a tool to do the job you need, it's a lot to learn, a lot to know how to not get it wrong, a lot to learn how to get what you want.
Advice is one thing but you already need to be on that path towards being a '3D maker'
I spent a few months digesting and learning and trying 3D CADware before deciding on a printer.
Everywhere I looked people said 'get a Prusa' but I went with the crowd and got an Ender3 just before lockdown #1 and opened the box whilst on furlough...the rabbit holes followed
I'd already done a lot of CAD in the past and just as I suspected this 3D printing malarkey was addictive...now I had two full time hobbies
I sold the Ender and got a bigger Qidi then my first resin printer.
After a year I realised the Qidi wasn't the 'tool' I wanted, it would print but needed babying like the Ender so I bit the bullet and got a Prusa and everything changed, 3D printing was meant to be much easier and the Prusa made it so.
I realised after getting the Prusa that I'd wasted the best part of £1000 and should have listened to the advice two years earlier.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)