9th-Jul-19, 01:51 PM
My special car is the SCX Ford Escort MkII, specifically Timo Makinen's 1975 RAC Rally winning car.
That's partly because I think the SCX Escorts are so much fun to drive, and so controllable even when they're sideways.
But it's also because it's the only car I can definitively say I remember on Oliver's Mount, and in the forest stages of North Yorkshire from my first ever trip to watch the RAC Rally.
I'd actually started to worry that SCX weren't going to produce the livery. In the end I got sick of waiting, and bought a resin kit, but this was a huge disappointment. The shell wasn't particularly well modelled and it was quite rough. My modelling skills weren't really good enough to compensate, and to make matters worse, the decals reacted with the top coat. Since the decals covered such large areas, it was quite noticeable.
So the car which should have taken pride of place, just sat there looking a bit sad.
Naturally, it was a huge relief when SCX finally released this iconic livery which completed Timo's hat trick of wins in the RAC. It finally filled the biggest gap in my modest collection.
That's partly because I think the SCX Escorts are so much fun to drive, and so controllable even when they're sideways.
But it's also because it's the only car I can definitively say I remember on Oliver's Mount, and in the forest stages of North Yorkshire from my first ever trip to watch the RAC Rally.
I'd actually started to worry that SCX weren't going to produce the livery. In the end I got sick of waiting, and bought a resin kit, but this was a huge disappointment. The shell wasn't particularly well modelled and it was quite rough. My modelling skills weren't really good enough to compensate, and to make matters worse, the decals reacted with the top coat. Since the decals covered such large areas, it was quite noticeable.
So the car which should have taken pride of place, just sat there looking a bit sad.
Naturally, it was a huge relief when SCX finally released this iconic livery which completed Timo's hat trick of wins in the RAC. It finally filled the biggest gap in my modest collection.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)