5th-Jul-19, 05:19 PM
Mine has to be the first car I bought with my own money when I was twelve - the Scalextric Tyrrell 008...
I distinctly remember going into our local model shop in Tilbury and deliberating at length over which of the unboxed cars I was going to buy. I narrowed it down to the either the Tyrrell or Ferrari 312T3 split from the 500 set - and eventually plumped for the 008. I'm pretty sure it cost £8 (maybe £6) which was all I could afford - the boxed cars were out of my league. However, it did win a lot of races against friends' Renaults, Ferraris, six-wheel Marches and later even against the Williams and Brabham.
The car in the pic is that very car. I was a big fan of Mario Andretti, hence the helmet! Now I have more cash than I did when I was twelve, I have added some of the other late-70s and early 80s F1 cars. The Tyrrell still gets run (including a few laps on a BSCRA national championship track - that raised an eyebrow or two!) and is still winning races nearly forty years on.
I distinctly remember going into our local model shop in Tilbury and deliberating at length over which of the unboxed cars I was going to buy. I narrowed it down to the either the Tyrrell or Ferrari 312T3 split from the 500 set - and eventually plumped for the 008. I'm pretty sure it cost £8 (maybe £6) which was all I could afford - the boxed cars were out of my league. However, it did win a lot of races against friends' Renaults, Ferraris, six-wheel Marches and later even against the Williams and Brabham.
The car in the pic is that very car. I was a big fan of Mario Andretti, hence the helmet! Now I have more cash than I did when I was twelve, I have added some of the other late-70s and early 80s F1 cars. The Tyrrell still gets run (including a few laps on a BSCRA national championship track - that raised an eyebrow or two!) and is still winning races nearly forty years on.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)