Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Targa Florio Corvette
#6

(30th-Oct-20, 05:12 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  We have a Targa Florio event/race that that focuses around the years 1969 to 1971. Accurate scratch built liveries are a must. If a car was entered, it can be created and raced even if the real one didn't show up. But you need to bring details like proof of colour, etc...

Racingsportscars.com says a driver named Anatoly Arutunoff tried to enter a Corvette in 1971. But got disqualified before the race. I searched Google Images for days only to come up empty handed. The only thing I found was his phone number through the yellow pages. I can't enter this Corvette until I get details and facts.

So I found the courage to make the phone call, and hope he doesn't hang up in my ear. What a super nice guy! He and I talked for about 45-minutes about all sorts of stuff. The most important... the details of his 1971 Corvette. White with a black hood.

Now I can enter a Corvette in the Targa Florio.

I started off with a Revell C3 static kit.













Mr Arutunoff's car got disqualified for something to do with the roll-bar. He found out after the race that his Corvette could have qualified if an Italian safety tech had pre-approved it. Tragedy!

Thank you very kindly for looking.
KRZ



Hey KRZ

I don't know if this helps, this is the Corvette Stingray ZR2 that Toly was due to race.  
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Targa Florio Corvette - by KensRedZed - 30th-Oct-20, 05:12 PM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by JasonB - 30th-Oct-20, 06:03 PM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by KensRedZed - 31st-Oct-20, 04:27 AM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by Gordon Steadman - 31st-Oct-20, 08:49 AM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by KensRedZed - 31st-Oct-20, 12:20 PM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by CorvetteZR2 - 13th-Jun-22, 08:15 AM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by CorvetteZR2 - 13th-Jun-22, 08:18 AM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by KensRedZed - 14th-Jun-22, 04:16 AM
RE: Targa Florio Corvette - by Anthony B - 16th-Jun-22, 06:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Carver
18th-Feb-25, 08:01 PM
Last Post by Fluff
6th-May-19, 08:45 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)