19th-Jun-19, 08:14 AM
(19th-Jun-19, 01:21 AM)slotloco Wrote: I don't race on Scalextric, so I am only blowing breeze, but I would have thought that the softer Slot.it rubbers ie F22, N22 and N18 would be quite effective, and probably better than P6
That does make sense - in theory. However, in practice, the P6 compound (for Carrera Track) works for us on big Sport tracks far better than any of the other Slot.it compounds. We experimented on a spec Slot.it tyre for a new Slot.it Group C class and the F22s we presumed we’d use just didn’t have the grip - it put the Group Cs a few tenths a lap slower than stock Scalextric BTCC cars running on urethanes. That really wasn’t what we wanted! Trying the N18s was no better. Using the P6s gave superior grip and better lap times than the standard C1s. The P6s also work well on the Scalextric BTCC rims and the new in-line GT cars - equivalent in terms of performance to the urethanes. I suspect the new Thunderslot Carrera-compound tyres would be worth trying too.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)