19th-Jun-19, 01:21 AM
I don't race on Scalextric, so I am only blowing breeze, but I would have thought that the softer Slot.it rubbers
ie F22, N22 and N18 would be quite effective, and probably better than P6
- They give decent grip, - choose your particular poison, and the N series are almost as simple to true as urethanes.
The F22 gives excellent grip on plastic, but is a "dogs dump" to true. Sloooooooow takes on new meaning.
I'd be interested to learn what some regular Scaley Sport users say about the idea above.
Top Down - Depending on which Scaleys you race, I would have thought that these days, MOST Scalex rims would roughly follow the convention that most alloy wheel makers use
eg and 8mm wide, 16mm rim will have a centre of 5 - 5,5mm wide, and shoulders stepped down about 1.1mm.
That sort of numbers allows some basic NSR and Slot.it and Sideways 19 x 10mm / 20 x 10mm tyres to fit most Scaley rims.
Same principle for the 17 x 10mm rims, with the centre being about 7mm wide, and the same 1.1mm step down to the shoulders.
ie F22, N22 and N18 would be quite effective, and probably better than P6
- They give decent grip, - choose your particular poison, and the N series are almost as simple to true as urethanes.
The F22 gives excellent grip on plastic, but is a "dogs dump" to true. Sloooooooow takes on new meaning.
I'd be interested to learn what some regular Scaley Sport users say about the idea above.
Top Down - Depending on which Scaleys you race, I would have thought that these days, MOST Scalex rims would roughly follow the convention that most alloy wheel makers use
eg and 8mm wide, 16mm rim will have a centre of 5 - 5,5mm wide, and shoulders stepped down about 1.1mm.
That sort of numbers allows some basic NSR and Slot.it and Sideways 19 x 10mm / 20 x 10mm tyres to fit most Scaley rims.
Same principle for the 17 x 10mm rims, with the centre being about 7mm wide, and the same 1.1mm step down to the shoulders.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)