1st-Feb-22, 09:12 PM
(1st-Feb-22, 05:40 PM)Bazzer Wrote: For cleaning the running surface of the track rather than the pick up rails, I use a painters tack cloth, these work really well and are super quick.
I have also found that really dirty track benefits from both a degrease with painters panel wipe agitated into the surface with a stubby paint brush and then follow up with warm soapy water agitated into the track surface with a stiff scrubbing brush, now air dry.
This process is best carried out after cleaning the rails first. I can get old grubby looking track looking really smart and more importantly run very well.
I am refurbishing some Airfix track at the moment and it is looking very sweet, looking forwards to setting up an Airfix Monte Carlo track, I am collecting the steel rail type and I have a feeling it will be a quick track, I will graft a Sport World control tower onto a piece of Airfix track for power and lap counting.
B.
Thats great Bazzer and quite ironic as he's a custom car painter so has all those materials.
Bee good to see a thread on the Airfix track your bringing back to life.
Cheers
Tony

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)