Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Clean metal part of track?
#9

For cleaning the running surface of the track rather than the pick up rails, I use a painters tack cloth, these work really well and are super quick.

I have also found that really dirty track benefits from both a degrease with painters panel wipe agitated into the surface with a stubby paint brush and then follow up with warm soapy water agitated into the track surface with a stiff scrubbing brush, now air dry.

This process is best carried out after cleaning the rails first. I can get old grubby looking track looking really smart and more importantly run very well.

I am refurbishing some Airfix track at the moment and it is looking very sweet, looking forwards to setting up an Airfix Monte Carlo track, I am collecting the steel rail type and I have a feeling it will be a quick track, I will graft a Sport World control tower onto a piece of Airfix track for power and lap counting.

B.
[+] 1 member Likes Bazzer's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 31st-Jan-22, 02:44 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Kevan - 31st-Jan-22, 03:38 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Kevan - 31st-Jan-22, 03:39 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Bazzer - 31st-Jan-22, 04:53 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 31st-Jan-22, 10:33 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by 964rh - 1st-Feb-22, 10:10 AM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 1st-Feb-22, 03:29 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Kevan - 1st-Feb-22, 11:05 AM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Bazzer - 1st-Feb-22, 05:40 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 1st-Feb-22, 09:12 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Bazzer - 2nd-Feb-22, 08:03 AM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 2nd-Feb-22, 08:57 AM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Bazzer - 2nd-Feb-22, 03:38 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 2nd-Feb-22, 05:28 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Bazzer - 2nd-Feb-22, 06:18 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Tibbs - 3rd-Feb-22, 07:26 PM
RE: Clean metal part of track? - by Bazzer - 3rd-Feb-22, 09:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 964rh
15th-Mar-23, 02:29 PM
Last Post by Bazzer
17th-Sep-21, 12:20 PM
Last Post by edged
24th-Jan-21, 08:31 PM
Last Post by SevernCrescentRacing
20th-Dec-20, 05:54 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)