1st-Feb-22, 10:10 AM
Hi Tony
I refurbed a load of classic track from my loft using small abrasive wheels on a dremel (so similar to the kitchen pad but with less elbow grease) finished off with a wipe over with Imox. Used Grey, red and green if that's correct order to get a real shine on them.
Tried a couple of methods before deciding on this -
Track in a dishwasher - deffo cleaned the track (only tried this to see what happened, but the rust set in everywhere)
Wiped rails with brasso - on the few bits I did cleaned and polished but left the pitting in place.
It's not been used much since I did it and stored in a lidded plastic container box, and it still looks as good as the day I did it.
Don't make the same mistake I did initially though and cover the whole track in Imox, it's slippy stuff and lasts forever!!
Rob
I refurbed a load of classic track from my loft using small abrasive wheels on a dremel (so similar to the kitchen pad but with less elbow grease) finished off with a wipe over with Imox. Used Grey, red and green if that's correct order to get a real shine on them.
Tried a couple of methods before deciding on this -
Track in a dishwasher - deffo cleaned the track (only tried this to see what happened, but the rust set in everywhere)
Wiped rails with brasso - on the few bits I did cleaned and polished but left the pitting in place.
It's not been used much since I did it and stored in a lidded plastic container box, and it still looks as good as the day I did it.
Don't make the same mistake I did initially though and cover the whole track in Imox, it's slippy stuff and lasts forever!!
Rob

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)