28th-Jan-22, 03:32 PM
The paints used on lexan RC bodies have something in the paint mix that etches the surface of the lexan slightly to give the paint a good grip and the paint is flexible.
You will probably find that Plastikote enamel will either run off the surface or I think it is more likely that it will look ok at first but bits will gradually fall off over time where it isn't keyed properly to the plastic.
Back in the sixties I used to have to use Humbrol enamel on vacform bodies and the first high speed off into the barrier usually resulted in most of the paint falling off the bodyshell where the paint didn't flex with the shell.
You will probably find that Plastikote enamel will either run off the surface or I think it is more likely that it will look ok at first but bits will gradually fall off over time where it isn't keyed properly to the plastic.
Back in the sixties I used to have to use Humbrol enamel on vacform bodies and the first high speed off into the barrier usually resulted in most of the paint falling off the bodyshell where the paint didn't flex with the shell.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)