14th-Jan-22, 12:18 AM
OK, well let's discuss the effect on Hornby and specifically Scalextric, that the new board member may bring.
He is obviously an Internet facilities entrepenuer so presumably he will be pushing that interface with the buyers. The table above shows that a relatively small percentage of sales are "direct to customer" so its fair (imo) to assume that the new guy has been brought in to boost that aspect.
The "Rest of The World" sales still appear to be via dealers and that may be due to bulk imports are more economical than individuals purchasing direct from the UK.
To me all I can see happening is that home market sales could become more direct (I feel that that Hornby are keen on that).
Although the new chap mentions childhood times with Hornby products, I can't see him having much input on product expansion either in terms of the items chosen or in the production processes.
The chart above doesn't show the actual departmental split of sales within the Hornby group but surely the existing management have their eyes on the viability of each departments activities and could easily identify the appropriate business decisions required.
Leo
He is obviously an Internet facilities entrepenuer so presumably he will be pushing that interface with the buyers. The table above shows that a relatively small percentage of sales are "direct to customer" so its fair (imo) to assume that the new guy has been brought in to boost that aspect.
The "Rest of The World" sales still appear to be via dealers and that may be due to bulk imports are more economical than individuals purchasing direct from the UK.
To me all I can see happening is that home market sales could become more direct (I feel that that Hornby are keen on that).
Although the new chap mentions childhood times with Hornby products, I can't see him having much input on product expansion either in terms of the items chosen or in the production processes.
The chart above doesn't show the actual departmental split of sales within the Hornby group but surely the existing management have their eyes on the viability of each departments activities and could easily identify the appropriate business decisions required.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)