13th-Jan-22, 07:36 PM
“Demand for our product is higher than ever”. I’m not sure fooling the shareholders is a clever move.
2020 turnover 20millGBP
2005 turnover 45millGBP (adjusted for inflation around 60mill)
I’m also sure I recall one year was $60millGBP turnover.
So 15 years on and turnover has declined by 2/3. I’m guessing Carrera had taken most of that.
Interesting in 2005 approx 5% sales in USA and 5% in Europe.
So a 200,000 GBP profit with 20mill turnover. As a comparison the average small business would generate that with only 1.5mill turnover.
If this new chap has a Silicon Valley background and raced slot cars as a kid Hornby might be in for a chance. Hopefully they can take digital to the next level and concentrate on expanding back into Europe and USA markets where you have a combined population of 1bill not 60mill.
2020 turnover 20millGBP
2005 turnover 45millGBP (adjusted for inflation around 60mill)
I’m also sure I recall one year was $60millGBP turnover.
So 15 years on and turnover has declined by 2/3. I’m guessing Carrera had taken most of that.
Interesting in 2005 approx 5% sales in USA and 5% in Europe.
So a 200,000 GBP profit with 20mill turnover. As a comparison the average small business would generate that with only 1.5mill turnover.
If this new chap has a Silicon Valley background and raced slot cars as a kid Hornby might be in for a chance. Hopefully they can take digital to the next level and concentrate on expanding back into Europe and USA markets where you have a combined population of 1bill not 60mill.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)