13th-Jan-22, 06:37 PM
My main point is Carrera has eaten a huge part of their business. Here in Oz there are hardly any Arc Pro sets but more digital Carrera sets than I can ever remember. On the US Scalextric was widely sold but now 9/10 new digital users are Carrera.
Powerbases.
c7030 5 versions. When they perfected if they strangely dumped it. Bad business decision.
W9430. The 4 car powerbase with 3 versions. No screen. Why not 6 cars? Worse power than the 7030 thru dumped. So here another backward step.
C7042. A couple of updates
Arc Pro. At least one update.
So ten versions. Each costing development tone and money. Lots of wasted resources Ave money for the investors.
In comparison over the sags period Carrera 2 powerbases.
From memory they ran 6 years in a row at a loss.
Yes very different market to Scorpius but I never mentioned Scorpius as it has nothing to do with Hornbys position since 2009.
Yes the Arc Pro is good for the investors and kids. As an enthusiast level I was shocked to see how underwhelming it is as a digital slot car experience compared to even the old C7030 using PC lapcounter. You have to admit the 2 second delay makes it impossible to accurately assess where you’re at during a race. And very annoying. But why? That simple yet annoying feature shows poor design yet again.
And ok it’s a money decision to dump the C7042 even though it’s 5 times more functional than the Arc Pro but why hold back on sharing protocols on the Arc Pro so the enthusiasts can improve on it?
I think the first year I got back into Scalextric there was 86 releases and this year 35???
My main point is worldwide Carrera have taken a big chunk of their market due to Hornbys poor marketing, distribution and product choices like motorbikes, Olympic releases, 4 car powerbases etc. With Carrera I haven’t seen any of that.
And now prices that are 80% of an NSR whereas 6 years ago they were 50%.
Am I going to spend $93 on a Scaley or $115 on an NSR? The NSR looks very good in comparison price wise for a mass produced Chinese car versus a hand made Italian one. Fair point?
That’s my perspective since 2006.
Powerbases.
c7030 5 versions. When they perfected if they strangely dumped it. Bad business decision.
W9430. The 4 car powerbase with 3 versions. No screen. Why not 6 cars? Worse power than the 7030 thru dumped. So here another backward step.
C7042. A couple of updates
Arc Pro. At least one update.
So ten versions. Each costing development tone and money. Lots of wasted resources Ave money for the investors.
In comparison over the sags period Carrera 2 powerbases.
From memory they ran 6 years in a row at a loss.
Yes very different market to Scorpius but I never mentioned Scorpius as it has nothing to do with Hornbys position since 2009.
Yes the Arc Pro is good for the investors and kids. As an enthusiast level I was shocked to see how underwhelming it is as a digital slot car experience compared to even the old C7030 using PC lapcounter. You have to admit the 2 second delay makes it impossible to accurately assess where you’re at during a race. And very annoying. But why? That simple yet annoying feature shows poor design yet again.
And ok it’s a money decision to dump the C7042 even though it’s 5 times more functional than the Arc Pro but why hold back on sharing protocols on the Arc Pro so the enthusiasts can improve on it?
I think the first year I got back into Scalextric there was 86 releases and this year 35???
My main point is worldwide Carrera have taken a big chunk of their market due to Hornbys poor marketing, distribution and product choices like motorbikes, Olympic releases, 4 car powerbases etc. With Carrera I haven’t seen any of that.
And now prices that are 80% of an NSR whereas 6 years ago they were 50%.
Am I going to spend $93 on a Scaley or $115 on an NSR? The NSR looks very good in comparison price wise for a mass produced Chinese car versus a hand made Italian one. Fair point?
That’s my perspective since 2006.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)