28th-Dec-21, 05:18 AM
So, track designed, height decided, pieces routed, sight lines checked, pieces screwed to table, lane colors painted, track surface painted, braid laid all in the first month of weekends from Jan 1 to Feb 4.
Then the scenery started…………. I really wanted a lot of rock work and I wanted the absolute highest quality I could create. So I asked Bill S in our Farrout Slot Car Club to teach me (search FSCC Farrout on Facebook). It had to look a little like looking up at a pass into the Alps or the Dolomites or overhangs in the Monte Carlo rally mountain stages.
Sooooooo how do you do it? Easy! Sort of. Maybe. You are going to cast Hydrocal into rubber molds for the rocks and then apply it to a backing. Create a latticework of cardboard as the backing and just hot glue it to table base and the track itself.
On this image we can see how I was deliberately creating a part of the track that was hanging out from the side of the mountain. This section is also one of the first things you see when you approach the track
Then the scenery started…………. I really wanted a lot of rock work and I wanted the absolute highest quality I could create. So I asked Bill S in our Farrout Slot Car Club to teach me (search FSCC Farrout on Facebook). It had to look a little like looking up at a pass into the Alps or the Dolomites or overhangs in the Monte Carlo rally mountain stages.
Sooooooo how do you do it? Easy! Sort of. Maybe. You are going to cast Hydrocal into rubber molds for the rocks and then apply it to a backing. Create a latticework of cardboard as the backing and just hot glue it to table base and the track itself.
On this image we can see how I was deliberately creating a part of the track that was hanging out from the side of the mountain. This section is also one of the first things you see when you approach the track

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)