21st-Nov-21, 11:58 AM
Hi Jeremy
I’m not massively experienced with standard Avants but from what I have experienced, the degree of freedom the peg and slots give the pod vary wildly between cars. Just a tolerance thing.
I’d suggest you want to minimise movement as much as possible because it’s no use flopping about, all that achieves is tyre rub on the body and body rub on the track.
Same goes for the body which for some reason, counter to every other car, runs better tight than loose.
They do run quite well despite the interesting design choices, providing you can minimise the extent of which the car resembles a jelly. If you have a “tight” car then you may not need to do much work, just keep an eye it doesn’t become looser over time as the first Audi R10 I purchased has done.
Ashley is quite right to say that a couple of their models share chassis. Front stubs were also fitted / provided with some cars / kits.
Hope that’s helpful.
I’m not massively experienced with standard Avants but from what I have experienced, the degree of freedom the peg and slots give the pod vary wildly between cars. Just a tolerance thing.
I’d suggest you want to minimise movement as much as possible because it’s no use flopping about, all that achieves is tyre rub on the body and body rub on the track.
Same goes for the body which for some reason, counter to every other car, runs better tight than loose.
They do run quite well despite the interesting design choices, providing you can minimise the extent of which the car resembles a jelly. If you have a “tight” car then you may not need to do much work, just keep an eye it doesn’t become looser over time as the first Audi R10 I purchased has done.
Ashley is quite right to say that a couple of their models share chassis. Front stubs were also fitted / provided with some cars / kits.
Hope that’s helpful.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)