12th-Nov-21, 01:17 AM
(11th-Nov-21, 11:36 PM)MrFlippant Wrote: Nope. Have not done any searching.
But, let's say that the tech is only putting a thing on a platform and letting various lights and cameras do the scanning while that thing was rotating. Why not suspend it from a few strings? Why not stand it up on the end? It does not NEED to be resting on the "wheels" to be scanned, does it?
You're right, though. Just getting the outer surface and adding a thickness to it is usually enough for horseshoes and atom bombs.
I might be barking up the wrong tree on the scanning but I have done some about 20 years ago, it is a hell of an ask to spin something around and get a 3D scan then to effectively spin it over and do the same thing again and for that whole lot to join up nicely.
I think what you are talking about is real high end stuff.
B.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)