21st-Oct-21, 06:13 PM
The video (yes, by Prusa) does mention that not all features are supported across platforms. But, what is not supported, is simply ignored. And, Prusa Slicer is also open source, based on the foundation of Slic3r.
I'm not big on more and more file types, but I hope this one catches on because it's open source, and the STL is still in there. Even if your preferred slicer doesn't support the complete feature/data set as Slic3r and its branches (SuperSlic3r, PrusaSlicer, and more, I'm sure), your slicer can probably still open the file and have the model there for it's own uses. As the format is adopted, it can be enhanced and more slicers can support the features of the format.
That said, I generally upload an STL as well as a 3MF when sharing my work, if not also a STEP file so that it can be more easily modified as needed.
I'm not big on more and more file types, but I hope this one catches on because it's open source, and the STL is still in there. Even if your preferred slicer doesn't support the complete feature/data set as Slic3r and its branches (SuperSlic3r, PrusaSlicer, and more, I'm sure), your slicer can probably still open the file and have the model there for it's own uses. As the format is adopted, it can be enhanced and more slicers can support the features of the format.
That said, I generally upload an STL as well as a 3MF when sharing my work, if not also a STEP file so that it can be more easily modified as needed.
printables.com/@MrFlippant

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)