Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Question - Scalextric Club - ???
#10

(24th-May-19, 03:40 PM)woodcote Wrote:  I’ve happily paid my £40 and am interested in seeing how it develops. It’s not going to be something that appeals to everyone, although the vast majority of Scalextric customers tend to be brand-loyal collectors or home racers who most probably will be tempted.

The Hornby Club loco is always one of the 0-4-0 tank engines that retail for around £28. That would be the equivalent of one of the Lightning GT Super Resistant cars for Scalextric. I am happy they’ve gone with a ‘proper’ high detail car in a real racing livery - that should appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

Looking forward to seeing what else appears on the website between now and the end of the year...

I agree with woodcote here, I too am interested in seeing how the club evolves and what they are going to offer besides the discount as I too can order the cars in Australia cheaper than from Scalextric, because of low money exchange rates and high cost of freight.

It will be good to get the 2020 catalogue at start of 2020 unlike the 2019 catalogue which still has not arrived now half way through the year, ridiculous really.

And yes the proper livery is a good change and let's hope that they continue these liveries going throughout the years to come.

As mentioned, brand loyalty will come into play here for quite a few people, I am one of them even though I am new to this industry I have chosen Scalextric because of the "brand name" itself.

I only hope that enough people join the club so it can continue to be offered.


[+] 1 member Likes Johnno's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
- Scalextric Club - ??? - by Scuderia_Turini - 16th-May-19, 02:29 PM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by JasonB - 16th-May-19, 03:11 PM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by Scuderia_Turini - 16th-May-19, 03:41 PM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by woodcote - 16th-May-19, 05:28 PM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by Scuderia_Turini - 16th-May-19, 07:38 PM
RE: - Scalextric Club is Live - by Johnno - 18th-May-19, 08:10 AM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by woodcote - 21st-May-19, 08:02 AM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by Scuderia_Turini - 23rd-May-19, 08:58 AM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by woodcote - 24th-May-19, 03:40 PM
RE: - Scalextric Club - ??? - by Johnno - 24th-May-19, 11:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
2nd-Apr-26, 02:15 PM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Mar-26, 03:12 PM
Last Post by woodcote
27th-Feb-25, 05:02 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)