17th-Aug-21, 09:44 PM
Just pulling your leg, Pip, you were right.
That's a bit early for bangers Steve, and with the roof grading and your earlier mention of steelwork I assume you're talking about saloon stocks. Even towbars had to come off bangers in my day because they were considered to be strengthening.
And I agree with Pip about the bravery of racing saloon stocks. The fact that you're sitting on a seat welded to a bit of iron that basically joins the front and rear bumpers makes me wonder how there are any ex-drivers still in possession of any teeth. Actually, now I come to think about it.......
My mechanic built and raced a saloon stock quite successfully, and I once gave him a Triumph 2500 to race in bangers and he said that getting hit in it was like you were sat in cotton wool.
That's a bit early for bangers Steve, and with the roof grading and your earlier mention of steelwork I assume you're talking about saloon stocks. Even towbars had to come off bangers in my day because they were considered to be strengthening.
And I agree with Pip about the bravery of racing saloon stocks. The fact that you're sitting on a seat welded to a bit of iron that basically joins the front and rear bumpers makes me wonder how there are any ex-drivers still in possession of any teeth. Actually, now I come to think about it.......
My mechanic built and raced a saloon stock quite successfully, and I once gave him a Triumph 2500 to race in bangers and he said that getting hit in it was like you were sat in cotton wool.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)