15th-Aug-21, 07:32 PM
Nice guidelines James - definitely important if the cars are being handed to racers to prepare.
I'm sure different clubs will come up with various formats for the NSR freebies - and that diversity will be great to see. If we'd have been lucky at WHO, they'd ended up as club cars for our digital racing in a GT3 team race format.
Although I do - in theory - like the idea of clubs sharing regulations, they doesn't always work out in practice. Plus, I do wonder if it stifles the innovation that clubs 'going solo' can bring to the hobby. Some of our WHO/digital regs are based on DiSCA standards, others on CSCRA regs. However, they are all tweaked to match the character and requirements of our club, our tracks and our racers. Ultimately, that's what comes first. And we've had plenty of visitors from other clubs, quite a few of whom are now regulars.
I also think there are enough excellent national or regional events series with straightforward regs to keep everyone happy. It's not the end of the world to have to build or modify a car to run in those events.
In terms of 'one-make' racing, NSR produced regs for their 'English' Championship in 2019...
GT3: https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/regolament..._GB_Mo.pdf
Classic: https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/regolament..._GB_Mo.pdf
Slot.it also have some racing regs for their models, although you'll need a bit of Italian, apart from the Group C regs: http://slot.it/technical-rules/
And Thunderslot too: https://www.thunderslot.com/download/Can...nglish.pdf
I'm sure different clubs will come up with various formats for the NSR freebies - and that diversity will be great to see. If we'd have been lucky at WHO, they'd ended up as club cars for our digital racing in a GT3 team race format.
Although I do - in theory - like the idea of clubs sharing regulations, they doesn't always work out in practice. Plus, I do wonder if it stifles the innovation that clubs 'going solo' can bring to the hobby. Some of our WHO/digital regs are based on DiSCA standards, others on CSCRA regs. However, they are all tweaked to match the character and requirements of our club, our tracks and our racers. Ultimately, that's what comes first. And we've had plenty of visitors from other clubs, quite a few of whom are now regulars.
I also think there are enough excellent national or regional events series with straightforward regs to keep everyone happy. It's not the end of the world to have to build or modify a car to run in those events.
In terms of 'one-make' racing, NSR produced regs for their 'English' Championship in 2019...
GT3: https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/regolament..._GB_Mo.pdf
Classic: https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/regolament..._GB_Mo.pdf
Slot.it also have some racing regs for their models, although you'll need a bit of Italian, apart from the Group C regs: http://slot.it/technical-rules/
And Thunderslot too: https://www.thunderslot.com/download/Can...nglish.pdf

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)