Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Gearing question
#15

Yes, I appreciate that I have no baseline to work from or to compare to but I have enjoyed a good few hours tinkering and turning a dusty, unloved reject into something I'm looking forward to track testing.

I don't think it was entirely without merit. It stands square and true on a setup block, nice and low, with a lovely forward rake.
There was no damage, other than that which I inflicted whilst cleaning and washing the body. I broke the wiper off!   It was so fine I didn't realise it was a separate piece, thinking it was moulded in and printed black. Oh well, never mind.

Effectively no money was put into it, all parts fitted coming from the analogue spares box, parts that were also sat there gathering dust. (Although yes, of course, they had to be paid for somewhere along the line.) Even the offset pod was liberated from the tyre truer, which wasn't benefiting from the offset. I'll put the standard pod in there instead.

The only unknown left is the motor - and if I have to replace it that's no big deal, I'll just dip into the spares box again  Thumbup . 

No before photos I'm afraid - but here she is now, sitting on the setup block in the first two pic's.

      

      

   
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 08:07 AM
RE: Gearing question - by BAracer - 24th-May-21, 08:26 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Nonfractal - 24th-May-21, 08:28 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Albion - 24th-May-21, 10:58 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 12:26 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 01:06 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 01:48 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 02:20 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 06:07 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 07:07 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 07:37 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 07:41 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 25th-May-21, 06:39 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Nonfractal - 25th-May-21, 09:14 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 25th-May-21, 12:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
23rd-Oct-24, 07:11 AM
Last Post by Kevan
7th-Oct-24, 07:07 PM
Last Post by Tibbs
4th-Oct-24, 07:48 AM
Last Post by WilkFrisk
7th-Nov-23, 06:00 AM
Last Post by CMOTD
17th-Mar-23, 03:46 PM
Last Post by Johnno
27th-Oct-22, 05:28 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)