Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Gearing question
#13

Update: On a desperate hunt for an alternative 30T crown I came across an old 3D-printed tyre truer I got with a lot of spares. It used the ubiquitous 28T crown BUT it was installed in a 0.5mm offset pod, still fitted with a traction magnet. I swapped the 30T into that and - it ran freely.  Wrench

I found that in the standard zero offset pod the 30T was rubbing on the traction magnet and that 0.5mm offset was sufficient clearance for it to work.

So .... the chassis now has the 0.5mm pod running 9:30 gearing on a new and wider axle, as I like to see the ends of the axles fit flush with the outer face of the wheels.

I've also replaced the plastic front wheels and hi-pro tyres with alloys and hard lo-pros, which are now running true. 

I hadn't run this before all these changes, as it was donated to me by the previous owner after it had been stripped of its rear wheels and Oxigen chip and sat unused on the 'recycle' shelf for some time. Hopefully it should be good  Thumbup

Thanks to all for the suggestions - and to one unanswered question from one of you. No, I don't have access to the track. It's just a once a week informal meeting at the track owners home - but a good chance to learn digital in a relaxed environment   Cool
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 08:07 AM
RE: Gearing question - by BAracer - 24th-May-21, 08:26 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Nonfractal - 24th-May-21, 08:28 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Albion - 24th-May-21, 10:58 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 12:26 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 01:06 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 01:48 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 02:20 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 06:07 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 07:07 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 24th-May-21, 07:37 PM
RE: Gearing question - by chrisguyw - 24th-May-21, 07:41 PM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 25th-May-21, 06:39 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Nonfractal - 25th-May-21, 09:14 AM
RE: Gearing question - by Top Down - 25th-May-21, 12:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
23rd-Oct-24, 07:11 AM
Last Post by Kevan
7th-Oct-24, 07:07 PM
Last Post by Tibbs
4th-Oct-24, 07:48 AM
Last Post by WilkFrisk
7th-Nov-23, 06:00 AM
Last Post by CMOTD
17th-Mar-23, 03:46 PM
Last Post by Johnno
27th-Oct-22, 05:28 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)