24th-May-21, 08:28 AM
I would say that the gearing you have is a good starting point.
However, you don't say which motor you are using or whether you are using magnetraction in the car.
If the car is sluggish in the infield and is still accelerating halfway down the straight, raise the ratio (bigger spur gear an/or smaller pinion)
If the car darts through the infield but is slow on the main straight, lower the ratio.
There is a post on slotracer where I go through the detail (if you feel inclined to dive down that rabbit hole)
I'll put the link in to this post later.
Alan
Here is the link.
Happy reading
https://slotracer.online/community/showt...=Explained
However, you don't say which motor you are using or whether you are using magnetraction in the car.
If the car is sluggish in the infield and is still accelerating halfway down the straight, raise the ratio (bigger spur gear an/or smaller pinion)
If the car darts through the infield but is slow on the main straight, lower the ratio.
There is a post on slotracer where I go through the detail (if you feel inclined to dive down that rabbit hole)
I'll put the link in to this post later.
Alan
Here is the link.
Happy reading
https://slotracer.online/community/showt...=Explained

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)