24th-May-21, 05:16 AM
To clean up crystalwork, the cleaner fluids supplied to refurbish dulled and scratched plastic headlight lenses of 1:1 cars works well.
It is a lot of physical work and it works better if the crystalwork is removed from the model, but does the job.
I still use superglue to put crystalwork and interiors into slot cars, but oh so small amounts and only for the second refit (and beyond) where the fitting pegs are long gone.
AND I leave it to cure for a day before putting the body back on the chassis, never mind putting it in the kit box.
That vapour residue sits everywhere , not just on bodies.
Not good for motors or other moving parts!
Alan W
It is a lot of physical work and it works better if the crystalwork is removed from the model, but does the job.
I still use superglue to put crystalwork and interiors into slot cars, but oh so small amounts and only for the second refit (and beyond) where the fitting pegs are long gone.
AND I leave it to cure for a day before putting the body back on the chassis, never mind putting it in the kit box.
That vapour residue sits everywhere , not just on bodies.
Not good for motors or other moving parts!
Alan W

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)