Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lane changers not working
#10

Thanks Woodcote for the suggestions. 
The track is only 40ft. long. There are pictures of it in the members tracks forum threads.

The 2nd LC is 20 track sections from the power base section.

The 3rd LC is 34 track sections from the power base.

Yes there is a noticeable power drop in one of the lanes between the two LC's. I suspect this is what is causing the intermittent operation.

For this short of a track I did not feel I needed any jumpers.

And I have two factory power supplies feeding the power base/track.

I have made the track without the aid of a track planer, and as such had to draw the final connections together to fit to make up for a slight gap (1cm) in alinement. This is what I now feel is the issue. After disassembling the track at LC3 and then making sure all track sections are nice and tight between LC2 and LC3, the gap is more than I like. I have decided to redo this section by removing a half straight and replacing it with a combination short straight and quarter straight. This should reduce the gap on the opposing straight where LC3 is and improve the track joints. However, I don't have the two short pieces and have had to order them. 

I know this may sound confusing, but I think it will improve the track connections and the conductivity to the LC's. I will post a follow-up to let you know how it goes when the new track pieces arrive.

Thank you for your follow up. Its good to know I am not on a high wire here without a net.

Scott
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 10th-May-21, 01:07 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Henk - 10th-May-21, 05:46 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by woodcote - 10th-May-21, 05:42 PM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 12th-May-21, 02:41 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by dvd3500 - 12th-May-21, 08:51 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 12th-May-21, 02:51 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 15th-May-21, 07:22 PM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 16th-May-21, 11:21 PM
RE: Lane changers not working - by woodcote - 17th-May-21, 07:42 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 18th-May-21, 02:30 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 18th-May-21, 02:35 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by woodcote - 18th-May-21, 06:57 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 21st-May-21, 02:26 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 22nd-May-21, 09:33 PM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 23rd-May-21, 06:58 PM
RE: Lane changers not working - by woodcote - 23rd-May-21, 07:37 PM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 6th-Jun-21, 01:07 AM
RE: Lane changers not working - by Zippideedooda - 6th-Jun-21, 01:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
4th-Nov-20, 07:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)