13th-May-21, 09:58 AM
(13th-May-21, 08:03 AM)Bazzer Wrote: I do not quite understand the dislike of magnets, don't you think this is similar to aero downforce on full size racing cars.Baz,
Magnets seem part of the package to get a nice handling slot car, but they are only part of the story as far as I can see.
My dislike of magnets is because their usage in a car completely overwhelms any other design and tuning that could be done, Hiding bad design, cheap manufacture and poor setup. Everything else comes a long way down the list once you add magnets. I really dislike cars that cannot be made to work magless.
Mags are not like aero because the downforce is constant , not related to speed.
I've been hit by cars while marshaling at some clubs.
The magnet cars are lethal because cornering speeds are so high.
It's very hard to "read" how close you are to the edge on a mag car.
When they let go, they really let go.
Alan

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)