Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

George Turner Ecurie Ecosse Racing Car Transporter

Probably the most recognizable transporter in motor racing history (great write-up here), a 1/32 scale version of the Ecurie Ecosse 1960 Commer TS3 will soon be available from George Turner Models. This is from the GTM website...

Quote:The Ecurie Ecosse racing car transporter is just about finished and only 15 months late. The only thing to do now will getting the gearbox made and some mods on the front wheel insert but this shouldn't hold things up as we have a lot of silicone rubber moulds to make for this. I think I am going to have to get quite a lot of rubber for this one as these big models use a hell of a lot. I am hoping we can put it into production in about a month. I think it looks pretty damn good and I am looking forward to getting one moulded, painted, and decaled up.

In the meantime, here are some pics of the progress so far...

And pictures of the completed prototype...

This will be the last transporter model that George makes. As he says, it's a labour of love... and he's run out of love. The Fiat transporters (in Maserati or Ferrari team colours) are still available - and are moulded to order. They cost £171 for the kit, so I expect the Ecurie Ecosse transporter to be around the same price.

All the George Turner Models are available from www.georgeturnermodels.com
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post