23rd-Apr-21, 01:18 PM
(23rd-Apr-21, 08:04 AM)964rh Wrote: Morning all
Probably opening a can of worms here but what tools/kit would you not be without for scratch builds?
My builds mainly consist of converting die cast to slot and kits like mrrc. Plus fettling with older cars to try and improve them so looking for recommendations to build a kit up in addition to my screwdrivers, pliers and dremmel!!
Cheers
Rob
Hi Rob, Sounds like you have a few tools already,....while you have not mentioned files, scalpels etc., I assume you already have these, so I will not include them in my list.
In no particular order............and I am only mentioning smaller/less expensive tools...(drillpresses/lathes etc. are not on the list)
Soldering iron, flux, solder
Chassis jig
set-up wheels
Hole punch
wire bending jig
clamps
reamers
assorted glues (CA, Epoxy, styrene weld, rubber etc.)
bench vise
And the list goes on......
Cheers
Chris Walker

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)