Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Streaming Software
#13

I have been playing with OBS, Race Coordinator and a couple of webcams on and off for the past month with the aim of using it for the two Brighton to John O'Groats proxy stages I'm hosting. Here's the screen I came up with and used during a full trial of Saturday's layout...

   

I wanted to get a screen that was clear - even on a small phone screen -  in terms of who's on track, a picture of the car before the start and the live leaderboard (top 20 only). For people looking at bigger screens, there's the Race Co-ordinator 'results' table, which includes more data such as gaps to the leader and gap to the next racer. That only shows 5 places at a time (the top 5 by default), but can be periodically scrolled by the race host to look through the top 20 places. Audio is from the Race Coordinator output (I've only kept a few of the audio features) and the start line webcam. It all seemed to work okay... and the YouTube streams are set up and ready to go Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

I have Race Coordinator set up for a 60 second gap between the end of one run and the green light for the next one. That gives enough time to write down the score, swap cars, complete a warm-up lap and have the car sit on the start line (on camera) for at least 10-15 seconds. I also have a couple of still images to use so no-one has to watch me set up the running order for the next class in Race Coordinator.

I will tweak and test a few things before the weekend, so if anyone has any suggestions do let me know.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Streaming Software - by JasonB - 26th-Feb-21, 10:53 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by Scuderia_Turini - 26th-Feb-21, 11:21 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by woodcote - 26th-Feb-21, 11:23 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by OXO cube - 26th-Feb-21, 07:43 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by Anthony B - 28th-Feb-21, 03:38 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by JasonB - 28th-Feb-21, 04:06 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by 73emgee - 3rd-Mar-21, 01:34 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by JasonB - 3rd-Mar-21, 09:12 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by 73emgee - 8th-Mar-21, 10:22 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by Johnno - 11th-Sep-21, 09:17 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by Scuderia_Turini - 3rd-Mar-21, 09:27 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by JasonB - 8th-Mar-21, 11:06 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by 73emgee - 9th-Mar-21, 12:16 AM
RE: Streaming Software - by woodcote - 21st-Apr-21, 03:06 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by BAracer - 21st-Apr-21, 03:35 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by JasonB - 21st-Apr-21, 04:33 PM
RE: Streaming Software - by woodcote - 21st-Apr-21, 05:52 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)