Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

U Shaped Layout
#8

When I have built tracks for the available space that I have I try to incorporate the longest straight possible, a hairpin, esses, a sweeper and a changing radius corner...but I work with pencil, paper and wood(mdf)

The U shape table arrangement is OK if you are on the outside of the U otherwise the drivers will block each other and you will definitely get a sore neck from turning your head side to side....I suffered this from a simple L shaped setup.

I like both of Woodcotes suggested layouts above. 

With plastic tracks achieving good flow is hard and I see many try to cram as much track into the space as possible...just something to strive for and something to avoid.

Keep going
[+] 2 members Like munter's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
U Shaped Layout - by BAracer - 7th-Apr-21, 07:21 PM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by rallyhub - 8th-Apr-21, 10:35 AM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by BAracer - 8th-Apr-21, 11:15 AM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by woodcote - 8th-Apr-21, 12:01 PM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by BAracer - 8th-Apr-21, 12:14 PM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by Cgyracer - 8th-Apr-21, 01:08 PM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by BAracer - 8th-Apr-21, 01:12 PM
RE: U Shaped Layout - by munter - 9th-Apr-21, 02:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BMWMarc
9th-Jul-24, 09:26 PM
Last Post by paolo
30th-Aug-21, 09:02 AM
Last Post by JasonB
25th-May-21, 05:10 PM
Last Post by Pepsikid51
5th-Jul-20, 12:28 AM
Last Post by woodcote
27th-Aug-19, 06:50 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)