3rd-Apr-21, 09:08 AM
(2nd-Apr-21, 10:56 PM)JasonB Wrote: I just wonder whether something like SCX-5015 or SCX-5112 might make a better test track?
That was my thought too - both would make cracking test tracks. 8 x 4 is a really good size for a track on a board to store against a wall. Storing vertically does limit any scenics, so I'd be maximising the amount of track and using as many big radius corners as possible - especially if it's a test track for club or proxy racing.
Ideally, I'd go for a track surface and the sort of turns I'll be racing on at my regular club... If that's WHO Digital, that's Scalextric Sport and mostly R3 and R4 corners - although an R1 hairpin is always a good test of the balance of the car. Of course, it's impossible to replicate 25-30 foot straights... but that's why we hire the Barn - to build tracks none of us can build at home!
Whatever design you go for, it's very exciting

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)