19th-Mar-21, 01:15 PM
A fantastic looking car, but it looks like the chassis is similar to the Mclaren, and thati s not good, a terrible chassis from Scalextric on those :(
At least when they made sidewinders as the norm, by design the motor to rear axle was usually pretty stiff, a lot of the inline ones now ridiculously flexible, which doesn't work well for non mag use once you put some grippy tyres on. I know Scalextric are designed for their track system and magnets, but its just as easy to design an inline chassis rigid where it needs to be, as it is to design a poor one.
Sorry OT rant over, I will keep an eye out see how it compares to the planned Carrera release that looks to be around the same time.
Who knows, Maybe Sideways will do one ....
At least when they made sidewinders as the norm, by design the motor to rear axle was usually pretty stiff, a lot of the inline ones now ridiculously flexible, which doesn't work well for non mag use once you put some grippy tyres on. I know Scalextric are designed for their track system and magnets, but its just as easy to design an inline chassis rigid where it needs to be, as it is to design a poor one.
Sorry OT rant over, I will keep an eye out see how it compares to the planned Carrera release that looks to be around the same time.

Who knows, Maybe Sideways will do one ....

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)