8th-Mar-21, 10:14 PM
(8th-Mar-21, 09:41 PM)CMOTD Wrote: "Firstly, if your rear track IS 2mm narrower, it is simply the setting of the wheels on the axles."
Dimensions taken from Slot.It specifications:
Merc 190E - Track 60mm front and rear.
Skyline - Track 58mm front and rear.
Looking at my example doesn't seem much scope for widening but will give it a go.
Specs can only get you so far.
I cannot get any of them to 60mm, not even the Opel. You would have to have the tyres right below the body and rubbing when the body rocked in corners.
- I have about 9 or 10 units set up for racing, or as bench mules for scrutineers to use as benchmarks.
The pic below makes the Nissan look wider - but that's just an optical illusion from the camera lens angle, hand holding the phone.
The Nissan was at 58.7, the Merc at 58.5, but I could have shimmed the Merc just a poofteenth more.
![[Image: nissanwidth2.jpg]](https://www.slotraceshop.nz/nissanwidth2.jpg)
Bottom line is as you already said, it is surprisingly competitive and stable.
Do you set yours up so the "sliders" touch the track and stabilise it in corners?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)