15th-Feb-21, 10:23 AM
Scalextric seem to be on a roll with their TV and movie releases at the moment... so I'd hang on and see - especially with the Capri and XJS, which are both in the catalogue in other liveries. The new TV & Film range only started last year - and we've already had two DeLoreans, Only Fools & Horses Capri & Reliant van, 007 DB5, two 007 V8s, 1966 Batmobile, Batman & Joker 'inspired' cars, KITT and the 007 Esprit in just two catalogues - so I fully expect more new tooling in 2022. An iconic movie car that will sell well... Echo 1 fits the bill.
AutoWorld have done the Mystery Machine and Echo 1 in HO scale - and Tyco did the A-Team van. All sold very well. I am sure I have seen 1/32 scratch-built versions of all three (and some Wacky Races cars), but I don't think any were ever produced commercially. The Panthermobile also rings a bell...
There are plenty of people out there who've made single piece 'slush' moulds from diecasts. The two vans are going to be a lot easier to do that the Echo 1. The resin body will then fit on an adjustable chassis like the Pendle PCS32 chassis kit. It's a case of finding the 1/32 scale donor car and someone who'll do it for you or talk you through the process.
AutoWorld have done the Mystery Machine and Echo 1 in HO scale - and Tyco did the A-Team van. All sold very well. I am sure I have seen 1/32 scratch-built versions of all three (and some Wacky Races cars), but I don't think any were ever produced commercially. The Panthermobile also rings a bell...
There are plenty of people out there who've made single piece 'slush' moulds from diecasts. The two vans are going to be a lot easier to do that the Echo 1. The resin body will then fit on an adjustable chassis like the Pendle PCS32 chassis kit. It's a case of finding the 1/32 scale donor car and someone who'll do it for you or talk you through the process.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)