8th-Feb-21, 12:48 PM
Maybe... but what I see on Facebook is a lot of new and returning lockdown Scalextric fans seeking out Classic track and accessories - presumably for the nostalgia vibe?
Prices on eBay have shot up - and for the SCX Classic speciality pieces too. I bought some SCX stuff in 2019 - including a ice curve chicane for £10, now they are going for £30-£50. An SCX Rally set (start ramp and loops) recently sold for just under £200 on auction (I remember being tempted - but not that tempted - for £60, which is what they are in Spain). Even the veritable humpback bridge and inner curves have rocketed from pennies to £10-20 a pop... And they are selling for that.
It's now true that there are bargains to be had looking off eBay at normal retail websites and (when they reopen) bricks 'n' mortar stores. Yesterday I saw a load of 2000s SCX cars on eBay for £50+ including Escorts that Top Slots and MRE have new for between £30 and £40. Both Roger Barker and Mark Scale's prices were suddenly on the low side, although they soon put that right.
Prices on eBay have shot up - and for the SCX Classic speciality pieces too. I bought some SCX stuff in 2019 - including a ice curve chicane for £10, now they are going for £30-£50. An SCX Rally set (start ramp and loops) recently sold for just under £200 on auction (I remember being tempted - but not that tempted - for £60, which is what they are in Spain). Even the veritable humpback bridge and inner curves have rocketed from pennies to £10-20 a pop... And they are selling for that.
It's now true that there are bargains to be had looking off eBay at normal retail websites and (when they reopen) bricks 'n' mortar stores. Yesterday I saw a load of 2000s SCX cars on eBay for £50+ including Escorts that Top Slots and MRE have new for between £30 and £40. Both Roger Barker and Mark Scale's prices were suddenly on the low side, although they soon put that right.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)