30th-Jan-21, 06:01 PM
Hello Simon, The first time I made a wooden track, I used a jig-saw and cut the wood panels into pieces that I then joined up with strips of wood underneath. The coper tape was glued on top of the surface and that worked quite well but no magnatraction as Andy has mentioned.
Second time I used a router but found it difficult to control when the torque kicked in at start-up. That was a few years ago and for my next track I went back to plastic. However, Luf <Old SLot Racer> started to sell routing kits which included a lexan plastic strip with holes in it it to act as a guide - the strip is laid in place then nails pressed through the holes to hold it in place. Have never used that kit but it sounds essential. Greg Gaub (MrFlippant on here) now sells these kits although from Seattle area. Greg is super-helpful so if you mock up a sketch of what you think is required, he can probably offer guidance (see what I did there? LOL)
Leo
Edit: Below are links to the related movie scene and Greg's kit site:
http://scuderiaturini.altervista.org/wp-..._2.mp4?_=1
Greg's Kit - https://www.ggaub.com/slots/wood.shtml
Second time I used a router but found it difficult to control when the torque kicked in at start-up. That was a few years ago and for my next track I went back to plastic. However, Luf <Old SLot Racer> started to sell routing kits which included a lexan plastic strip with holes in it it to act as a guide - the strip is laid in place then nails pressed through the holes to hold it in place. Have never used that kit but it sounds essential. Greg Gaub (MrFlippant on here) now sells these kits although from Seattle area. Greg is super-helpful so if you mock up a sketch of what you think is required, he can probably offer guidance (see what I did there? LOL)
Leo
Edit: Below are links to the related movie scene and Greg's kit site:
http://scuderiaturini.altervista.org/wp-..._2.mp4?_=1
Greg's Kit - https://www.ggaub.com/slots/wood.shtml
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)