Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wanna build track for thunderjet/tycopro pan

this is what i had as a kid and i'm starting again after many years. i'd like to have two of my favorite
2 lane courses based on real F1 courses joined by my personal build. when i wanted to race one of the F1 courses exclusively just exchange
a few tracks to separate the F! course. here is the rub. i'd like the courses to feel like they were designed by aurora in the mid 60's-70's. imho back then 
9 inch curves here used mostly with 12 inch after. the superinternational set is loaded with 6 inch curves. 
or maybe have 2 popular courses back in the day that don't have to be F1. 
anyone have track designs from that time?  maybe get the afx giant track with all the 9 inch curves would be better. 
with either one buy a track pack or two.

Welcome to SlotRacer Wavegreen 

The T-Jets are still hugely popular - and the TycoPros have a very loyal following too. I like both, but find they need a bit of run-off to enjoy them to their best. On my home track, I have added cork borders to the AFX pieces I've used...

An alternative is to build a 4-laner and just race on the middle two lanes. Or get yourself a routed track made! The older non-mag cars really do benefit from a super-smooth routed surface and there are some good value options from MaxTrax and Viper.

In terms of layout designs, there are ideas out there...

The AFX Museum has scans of many set layout plans from the 70s onward: https://afxslotcarmuseum.wixsite.com/afx...et-layouts

There's also Greg Braun's amazing HO Slot Car Racing, which has been archived after his death here: https://web.archive.org/web/202001080222...acing.com/
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

i seem to remember aurora had more track layouts than the ones in the 1963 service manual. maybe i looked at a slot car magazine or book with aurora logo near the layouts once or twice or maybe i'm off my nut and i want to copy a track layout that maybe never existed.
thanks for the links

don't get me started on guardrails. the old aurora guardrails with the white plastic clip and used rubber as the guadrail were my cheat. i'd push the rubber away from 
the track on my side and inward oh the other guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Yakboy
3rd-Feb-21, 11:12 AM
Last Post by Top Down
6th-Apr-20, 11:35 AM