30th-Jan-21, 01:11 AM
Okay, you asked for it! I just finished uploading them a while ago. I've got some pics taken before I did any clean up, and some show the same cars after cleaning and a bit of Novus polish. The crazed glass on the Dino is the result of me spraying the entire car with some sort of clear gloss (enamel I suspect?) way back in Oz I believe. Here's my Cox 1/24 Lotus 40, with a replacement body bought back in late '66 or early '67 after the original, identical body suffered too much hard -racing damage.
before:
after:
Cox 1/24 Ferrari Dino Coupe. before:
after:
Now, I'm hoping someone may be able to positively identify the next car. It might be a 1/32 Scalextric but I just don't remember. It was bought just days before we left Australia in March '67, and was never in a race. It's a Brabham Formula One car of the era:
before:
after:
Folks, I have pics of the undersides of all these cars and some close ups of my "hot-rodded" Mabuchi 36D:
my home-made air intakes, inside the front opening can be seen also. I think I got some thin tin from metal shop at Belmont High in Geelong.
I paid some local, older racer to for a rewind and balancing job on this Mabuchi 26D motor. One can see the heavier gauge wire it was rewoud with, as well as the pace he filed away some of the armature in order to "balance" it. It all seemed a bit exotic for a 13 year-old kid, lol, but tha motor would haul butt!
I had this Ackerman steering set-up mounted for a while, on the Lotus chassis with a Cheetah body. It didn't handle very good and I soon took it off. Pretty cool detail:
And finally (I know, right?), here's the Dino Spyder body in its sorry state of affairs. I would call attention to the pilota however; it's my fellow-Texan, ol' Jim Hall of Chaparral fame! Check out his monogramed driving suit...
tire detail:
Thanks for bearing with me folks! I hope you enjoyed the pics! They bring back a lot of great memories.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)