26th-Jan-21, 05:13 AM
Over to Woodcote on this one. I think he recommends braids although some cars seemed to run OK on the standard pickups.
However, if following the recommendation you don't replace the standard pickups, you add braid to them soldering a very short leading edge of the braid to the tip of the stock pickup, with the rest trailing free as it does in 1/32 scale.
I think if you entered a car on standard pickups but Andy thought it would run better with added braid he would do that for you. He certainly did with some of the Team Chesterfield cars.
However, if following the recommendation you don't replace the standard pickups, you add braid to them soldering a very short leading edge of the braid to the tip of the stock pickup, with the rest trailing free as it does in 1/32 scale.
I think if you entered a car on standard pickups but Andy thought it would run better with added braid he would do that for you. He certainly did with some of the Team Chesterfield cars.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)