Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Back into hobby with Revell track layout
#1

Hello, Back into 1/32 slot car hobby finally after many years I had a chance [ Due to covid and being bored ] to dig out of storage my childhood Revell Monaco 1/24 scale race set with extra track sets and no cars, so I purchased several different cars including 2wd -  Ninco Porsche, Opel GT and Citroen,  Scalextric Opel, and Fly BMW GTR . When trying to race it is impossible to keep them on track or accelerate they just spin, slide and crash as if you were driving on ice its been very frustrating experience and not fun. The track is very smooth compared to Carrera and Ninco track  that I see online, are these new cars not made for older track, should I give up on this track ? and buy Ninco or Carrera track ? or can I paint this old Revell track ? I was thinking of using Rust-Oleum spray paint 2x paint and primer in one made for plastic and textured paint.  I'm trying to  build a Rally car setup that will consist of mostly curves, 34 curves and 11 straights I want scenery to be mostly dirt road and snow covered and with some asphalt so painting track would complete my objective of a rally track, but will it hold up. 
Thanks in advance any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by pblouie - 25th-Jan-21, 08:28 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by Anthony B - 25th-Jan-21, 10:18 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by JasonB - 25th-Jan-21, 10:19 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by pblouie - 25th-Jan-21, 10:30 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by pblouie - 25th-Jan-21, 10:36 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by chrisguyw - 25th-Jan-21, 11:39 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by KensRedZed - 25th-Jan-21, 10:47 PM
RE: Back into hobby with Revell track layout - by pblouie - 26th-Jan-21, 02:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anthony B
25th-Aug-25, 05:30 PM
Last Post by Kevan
22nd-Nov-24, 11:27 AM
Last Post by slot finger
12th-Dec-23, 12:23 AM
Last Post by BAracer
16th-Jul-23, 05:36 PM
Last Post by BAracer
5th-Apr-23, 09:43 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
1st-Feb-21, 03:09 PM
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
1st-Jan-21, 04:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)