25th-Jan-21, 12:30 PM
No, no, no. No oil or grease anywhere near the motor brushes! Those being the little copper/carbon coloured 'dots' in the apertures in the bottom of the armature housing.
Dry install.
You can clean those before reinstalling by placing them face down on a sheet of paper and just move them back and forth with your finger tip.
Reassemble the chassis dry, THEN apply oil with a needle applicator, one drop at each bearing point, axles, top and bottom of armature shaft, gears.
Other opinions are available
(Having said this it's do as I say, not do as I do, as I have to admit none of my proxy drag racers were prepared for the first series - and where I did do work for the second series - installing the wheelie bars - I managed to make my best little '37 slower
)
Dry install.
You can clean those before reinstalling by placing them face down on a sheet of paper and just move them back and forth with your finger tip.
Reassemble the chassis dry, THEN apply oil with a needle applicator, one drop at each bearing point, axles, top and bottom of armature shaft, gears.
Other opinions are available
(Having said this it's do as I say, not do as I do, as I have to admit none of my proxy drag racers were prepared for the first series - and where I did do work for the second series - installing the wheelie bars - I managed to make my best little '37 slower
)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)