8th-Jan-21, 02:11 PM
So, working through the first set of technical notes from 'Harvey'...
I need to look for a rigid motor pod, and an anglewinder for weight distribution reasons. This is the RT3 AW pod from Scaleauto that I will be using: -
From what I remember from a previous exercise, it's 2.5g heavier than a Slot.it equivalent, but weight saving is not the main driver here. The aim is for zero flex between the motor and the axle so that gear mesh is consistent regardless of what the motor is being told to do, or what the wheels are doing at the time, so this is what I am getting for my extra grams; solid plastic where it's needed between motor and axle: -
(and there is nothing like a photo to show you it needs a bit of a clean up to remove manufacturing burrs to ensure it will move freely when installed in the chassis!)
And the next step after the rub down will be to modify the pod so I can install two of these little beauties...push-fit olite bushings.
I need to look for a rigid motor pod, and an anglewinder for weight distribution reasons. This is the RT3 AW pod from Scaleauto that I will be using: -
From what I remember from a previous exercise, it's 2.5g heavier than a Slot.it equivalent, but weight saving is not the main driver here. The aim is for zero flex between the motor and the axle so that gear mesh is consistent regardless of what the motor is being told to do, or what the wheels are doing at the time, so this is what I am getting for my extra grams; solid plastic where it's needed between motor and axle: -
(and there is nothing like a photo to show you it needs a bit of a clean up to remove manufacturing burrs to ensure it will move freely when installed in the chassis!)
And the next step after the rub down will be to modify the pod so I can install two of these little beauties...push-fit olite bushings.
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)