24th-Dec-20, 11:41 PM
(24th-Dec-20, 11:15 PM)Anthony B Wrote: In the picture of the motors I put up - the dual sided shaft motor is very docile - Maybe equivalent to an NC1.
However the motor with the 'Toyota' style can - screams and I mean screams. Really sounds like a cobalt motor. It terrifies me as I am sure it will blow if run for more than 10 seconds flat out
I didnt take the label seriously when I ordered it - but is says this:
DC 2.4V-3V Ultra High Speed Power Mini 130 Motor DIY RC Toy 4WD Racing Slot Car
How long do you think it will last under normal racing conditions ??![]()
![]()
Well, I would not use one for you next club enduro
............these "Mini Z" motors are generally powered by 4 AAA batteries (1.2 to 1.5 volts each), so, 6(ish) max. volts total, and the magnet gauss and arm winds are selected to provide good performance at this voltage.............at 10 to 12 volts on your club track,.......well, you did say they were inexpensive !!
Cheers
Chris Walker
PS The good news is that the endbell material is usually strong enough to keep the blown comm. fragments inside the motor.


![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)