20th-Dec-20, 03:21 PM
That looks like a fast track. Setting up a Slotit motor pod for a wood track is totally du=ifferent from the set up for plastic track.
This article might help but I am sure there will be others on the web and videos on Youtube as well. }
http://www.rockinghamslotcarclub.co.uk/S...ev%202.pdf
Don't be afraid to ask other racers at the club. At most clubs the more experienced racers will usually help the beginners.
We were all new to the hobby once. I first had an interest in slot racing in the 60's and used to buy an hours track time at a local raceway but I couldn't afford a competitive car so I didn't race. I started again about 5 years ago and have learnt a lot but we all learn new things all the time no matter how much racing experience we already have.
By the way you might want to change the Slotit braid for something softer as Slotit braid is quite rigid and tends to make the front of the car bounce. I use NSR Ultra Soft Copper Braid but you could check with other racers to find out what seems to work best at your local track.
Th standard tyres won't give much grip on a wood track so you might want to change those, but again, ask at club and find out what others use.
This article might help but I am sure there will be others on the web and videos on Youtube as well. }
http://www.rockinghamslotcarclub.co.uk/S...ev%202.pdf
Don't be afraid to ask other racers at the club. At most clubs the more experienced racers will usually help the beginners.
We were all new to the hobby once. I first had an interest in slot racing in the 60's and used to buy an hours track time at a local raceway but I couldn't afford a competitive car so I didn't race. I started again about 5 years ago and have learnt a lot but we all learn new things all the time no matter how much racing experience we already have.
By the way you might want to change the Slotit braid for something softer as Slotit braid is quite rigid and tends to make the front of the car bounce. I use NSR Ultra Soft Copper Braid but you could check with other racers to find out what seems to work best at your local track.
Th standard tyres won't give much grip on a wood track so you might want to change those, but again, ask at club and find out what others use.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)