12th-Dec-20, 08:03 PM
Hi Bob, The car looks wonderful, and the chassis replacement should make it very competitive in your club events
I am quite confident that removing the "claws" on the Scaleauto FF050 motor pod, and installing some single flanged oilites will give you the width reduction you are after, and , I am not sure why you would need to replace the Scaleauto pod ??
I use Scaleauto RT3 pods almost exclusively these days, (they are the best on the market) and the "oilite mod." works equally as well on these as it does on the Slot-it pods,......be a shame to lose the interior.
If you wish to use the single flanged oilites with the flange on the outside,....there are some 1/24 commercial car bushings that are great for this, a narrower flange width, and reduced od on the axle bore which makes them a breeze to install in either Slot-it or Scaleauto pods.
I am currently using ones made by MRSlotcar, but, JK and Kelley make identical bushings.
If you send me your mailing address, I will send you some.
Cheers
Chris Walker......(not Chris Wright
)
The reduced dia. bushings are on the left,.....these are commercial grade precision, and require very minimal boring of the bushing holders..(a few strokes with a round file will do it).
![[Image: DSCN4643.jpg]](https://i.postimg.cc/gJbL88pG/DSCN4643.jpg)
I do not have a handy pic. of a Scaleauto pod conversion, but it works as well, and is as easy as on a Slot-it pod.........it does give a reasonable width reduction,...and it does provide improved precision over the standard spherical bushings.
I am quite confident that removing the "claws" on the Scaleauto FF050 motor pod, and installing some single flanged oilites will give you the width reduction you are after, and , I am not sure why you would need to replace the Scaleauto pod ??
I use Scaleauto RT3 pods almost exclusively these days, (they are the best on the market) and the "oilite mod." works equally as well on these as it does on the Slot-it pods,......be a shame to lose the interior.
If you wish to use the single flanged oilites with the flange on the outside,....there are some 1/24 commercial car bushings that are great for this, a narrower flange width, and reduced od on the axle bore which makes them a breeze to install in either Slot-it or Scaleauto pods.
I am currently using ones made by MRSlotcar, but, JK and Kelley make identical bushings.
If you send me your mailing address, I will send you some.
Cheers
Chris Walker......(not Chris Wright
)The reduced dia. bushings are on the left,.....these are commercial grade precision, and require very minimal boring of the bushing holders..(a few strokes with a round file will do it).
![[Image: DSCN4643.jpg]](https://i.postimg.cc/gJbL88pG/DSCN4643.jpg)
I do not have a handy pic. of a Scaleauto pod conversion, but it works as well, and is as easy as on a Slot-it pod.........it does give a reasonable width reduction,...and it does provide improved precision over the standard spherical bushings.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)