Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
I purchased this Nardi and some other bodies from David (?) at AABodies.
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Did you leave the cloaking device on by mistake?
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
18th-Jan-25, 01:14 AM
Oh no.... I thought (danger, Will Robinson!) I had the 'attach photos' issue resolved. My phone has denied the pleasure so I tried this at the office and you see.... don't see... the result. I'm at a loss to figure this out. Oh well...
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,194
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Once you've 'attached' the photos you have to 'insert into post'
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
Have you read the instructions?
LINK
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
Thanks for responses! I was able to successfully add photos to two previous threads. Since exceeding data allotment my phone has dropped to a low upload speed (~276 kbps) which may be the reason the phone won't post pictures. I'll try again the first of the month when the data cache is renewed. I don't have any idea why it didn't work on my office computer where I have an ISP so will try again, Monday. If it doesn't work I'll let y'all know so that this thread can be removed if desired. I don't want to use up your bandwidth needlessly.
(This post was last modified: 18th-Jan-25, 02:39 PM by
ARUP.)
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Very nice work Arup. It must go like a bullet with the flat-6.
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
Well… how ‘bout that? The pictures were all taken in same fashion so the rotations don’t make sense. Look how tiny the Nardi is relative to the Jaguar! After prepping, painting and adding decals acrylic floor polish was brushed onto it in multiple coats. I purchased the decals online but don’t remember the source. The chassis is brass. One end of the motor supports the body. A Slottechnik digital chip and home made front and rear lights were shoe-horned into it. Did I mention it is tiny? The driver has Nardi’s pencil moustache, too!
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Don't worry about orientation. Clicking on the pic fixes that. Plus, they all look faster going downhill.
Upon closer inspection. I see the motor wires are not hooked up yet.
Being a non magnetic chassis, skinny rear tires, and a killer motor. It will likely have a liberal amount of tire spin in the straights. One might even call it a "tire-fryer".
Again, it's a very cool looking car.
(This post was last modified: 20th-Jan-25, 06:06 PM by
KensRedZed.)