Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Track cleaning
#1

Hi all

Most of the Scalextric track I have is from the late 70's, early 80's and isn't in the best of conditions so thought I'd spend a WFH home tidying it up.

Before I started I got distracted and thanks to Bourneagainracer, took the plunge and ordered a load of Sport track (Thanks for the details Jeremy) so I've only cleaned the track that's a little different and having sentimental value that I can add to that when it turns up

Here's the finished result after a morning of scrubbing, picking, de-rusting and tarting up.

Most of the rails on these bits of track were solid brown with rust and the black plastic was minging frankly but I suppose after nearly 40 years stored not very carefully I would be too!!

Tested after cleaning and have good power through all the pieces and the cars run great on it so a nice productive day (albeit not working as much as I should've been)


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Track cleaning - by 964rh - 27th-Nov-20, 03:29 PM
RE: Track cleaning - by BAracer - 27th-Nov-20, 03:53 PM
RE: Track cleaning - by 964rh - 27th-Nov-20, 04:02 PM
RE: Track cleaning - by BAracer - 27th-Nov-20, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
27th-Jan-24, 10:24 PM
Last Post by StuBeeDoo
18th-Jan-24, 08:23 AM
Last Post by Kevan
9th-Oct-23, 03:51 PM
Last Post by Kevan
1st-Apr-23, 10:14 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)