Posts: 598
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 954
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
I know thread is a bit old, however having just learnt the terminology for rim's and tyres etc and having located an actual picture that shows and tells what is what and how to measure I thought I would post that image here as a future reference for us newbies
MJK Rim explanation
•
Posts: 598
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 954
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
New MJK Catalogue 1:24 and 1:32 June 2020 available for download from http://www.mjkeng.com/cat20.htm
Available for purchase from MrSlotcar https://www.mrslotcar.com/mjk
MJK Logo Catalogue 1-24 and 1-32 June 2020
MrSlotcar MJK Tyre How to Measure
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
Awesome resource! Thanks for that because I've been having a really tough time sourcing what tire fits on what rim. With this now as a blueprint, I can just fill in the dimensions and send it off.
•
Posts: 221
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 247 in 122 posts
Likes Given: 19
Joined: Jun 2020
I have used MJK tyres on 1/32 and 1/24 vintage cars and found they were good on a wood track. We also tried them on Racer Sideways Group 5 cars where we use hand out tyres and found they were possibly a little less grippy than Slotit 1207F22 but they don't wear anything like as quickly. We would have bought a batch but MJK had problems following the bushfires in Australia and it has taken them a while to get up and running again.
You can get some Paul Gage tyres from Slotcarsupplies in Wales which saves all the hassle of personal import..
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
Thanks for the back story, but I was referring to the diagram you posted of the wheel/tire dimensions. I'm in Southern California so unlikely I'll buy tires from Australia.
•
Posts: 221
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 247 in 122 posts
Likes Given: 19
Joined: Jun 2020
I must admit I assumed you were in the UK. MJK don't seem to have stockists in other countries so that won't be a lot of help.
•